The JAFI Board of Directors is calling a special membership meeting on Sunday, December 17th at 2 pm to vote on moving forward with the purchase of a building, in accordance with the memorandum of understanding with the Addiction Recovery Foundation.
There are two options to attend this meeting:
1. In person, at the JAFI Clubhouse
2. Via Zoom, with the meeting number: 208 755 2563 and the password: J1cW2s
If you have questions pertaining to the purchase of the building, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the meeting, and we will address them accordingly.
In order to keep the conversation focused and with the motion in mind, Robert's Rules will be enforced. For reference, those are noted below:
1. A motion is made.
- If the motion does not receive a second, it dies.
2. If a second is received, the motion is voted on.
- The motion requires a majority to pass.
- If any "no" votes have been cast, the Chairperson will ask whether a voting member from the non-prevailing party wants to voice a minority opinion.
- The minority opinions have 2 minutes to speak per person.
- After the minority opinions are heard, the Chairperson asks if anyone from the prevailing side wants to re-vote. If so, a motion to reconsider is required, and a majority is required to decide whether to reconsider the motion.
- If no minority opinion is voiced, the motion passes.
We look forward to discussing this exciting opportunity with you on December 17th at 2 pm!
The JAFI Board
Since 1980 we've depended on YOU to keep JAFI open with your contributions so that our members may continue serving the Birmingham area recovery community.
Thank you for your interest in the Jefferson Alcoholic Foundation, Inc. We’re more commonly know as the “JAFI” Clubhouse"
Since 1980, our mission has been to provide the greater Birmingham area recovery community a healthy space to hold 12-Step meetings, and to gather socially in the spirit of recovery from addiction.
We feel it is important to organize & hold ongoing social activities for members to enjoy. Our goal is to use all funds in excess of operating expenses to improve the clubhouse.